POSTPONED! New dates coming soon...
Faiths Unveiled is a celebration through contemporary art of the diverse faith traditions in Qatar that are represented in the Religious Complex in Doha, the capital city. The exhibition will creatively highlight the myriad of Christian traditions in Qatar – representing the mosaic of Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Evangelical and Pentecostal Churches from all over the world. Artists from the diversity of these religious traditions in Qatar will artistically share their distinct cultural expressions and traditions of faith in their artwork. The exhibition will highlight Qatar’s role of interreligious hospitality and religious tolerance through the transcendent medium of art.
Artwork is submitted through an Open Call to artists from the diverse faith traditions represented in the Religious Complex for two or three-dimensional artwork representing the theme of the exhibition which is: the artwork should reflect in someway the artist's specific cultural expression or tradition of Christian faith. A new open call submission deadline will be shared soon.
A panel of judges will select 20-30 artworks for exhibition, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Prizes awarded, plus an Honorable Mention. The exhibition will be showcased in the lobby gallery of the Anglican Centre within Doha’s Religious Complex during the Fall 2020 (rescheduled dates to be decided soon) and likely at another venue in early in 2021. While curated by CARAVAN, Faiths Unveiled is coordinated locally in Qatar by the Anglican Church in Qatar.
An Artistic Celebration of Qatar's Religious Diversity
Please review these key points before submitting your artwork entry and downloading the Guidelines and Submission Form below.
The exhibition is open to all international visual artists in Qatar whose faith tradition is represented in what is known as the Religious Complex in Doha.
• The artwork submitted must reflect the theme of the exhibition - which is artwork that must reflect in someway the artist's specific cultural expression or tradition of Christian faith. The artwork must also be an original work with the artist owning the copyright to the work.
• There is no limitation to artistic style, genre or medium.
• There is no entry fee.
• Participants are allowed submit only one (1) artwork image, no larger than 1.5m on the longest length.
• New Submission deadline to be shared soon - A hi-res digital image (300 dpi) of the artwork, together with a completed artwork submission form (see below) needs to be submitted by the deadline.
• 20-30 artworks will be selected out of all the submissions by the panel of judges for exhibition.
• All decisions are final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding selection.
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd Prizes will be awarded, plus an Honorable Mention. The prizes are as follows: 1st Prize US$750, 2nd Prize US$500, 3rd Prize US$350. The Honorable Mention artwork will not receive a cash award, but will be highlighted publicly when the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize Winners are announced.
• In addition to the exhibition, digital images of the 20-30 selected works will be displayed on the CARAVAN website along with the artist name, title of work, date, medium, dimensions and artist statement about the work. The Anglican Church of Qatar’s website will have a page about the exhibition that will also link to the exhibition page on the CARAVAN website.
• Selected artworks will be for sale at the exhibition, with 100% going to the artist.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please download and read the Submission Guidelines carefully before completing, signing and submitting the Application Form with digital images of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: For queries or more information, email: email@example.com
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES and APPLICATION FORM