In today’s world we are all intricately connected and interdependent; an inescapable reality highlighted by the current spread and impact of the Coronavirus around the globe. What happens in one part of the world affects others far away.
Humanity has become besieged by many ailments that continue to drag us down; injustices, hatred, exploitation, inequality, conflict and abuse. We need to redouble our efforts to counteract this wave of negativity and erosion of values by expressing how we can each make a positive impact in our social groups, communities, countries and ultimately, in the world. By joining together in this effort, we hope to create a momentum of peace, love and healing to redress the balance toward making our world more whole.
We profoundly believe that artists are natural change agents and can lead the way. This exhibition is a visual expression by artists about mending the brokenness of our global family, as well as of their desire to repair our world through art itself. Artwork is submitted through an Open Call to all artists globally at any stage of their careers for two or three-dimensional artwork representing the theme of the online exhibition. The deadline for submissions was 16 May 2020.
A panel of judges will select 25 artworks for exhibition, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Prizes awarded, plus an Honorable Mention. The exhibition will be showcased here on the CARAVAN website 15 June - 18 August, 2020.
To Heal The World
An international online artistic reflection on mending the brokenness of our global family
15 June - 18 August 2020
“Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal.
Walk out of your house like a shepherd.”
Jalāl ad-Dīn Rumi
CLOSED - OPEN CALL
Please review these key points before submitting your artwork entry and downloading the Guidelines and Submission Form below.
The exhibition is open to all artists globally aged 18 and above at any stage of their careers.
• The artwork submitted must reflect the theme of the exhibition. The artwork must also be an original work with the artist owning the copyright to the work.
• There is no limitation to artistic style, genre or medium.
• There is no entry fee.
• Participants are allowed submit only one (1) artwork image.
• Submission deadline - A hi-res digital image (300 dpi) of the artwork, together with a completed artwork submission form (see below) needs to be submitted by 16 May 2020.
• 25 artworks will be selected out of all the submissions by the panel of judges for exhibition.
• All decisions are final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding selection.
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd Prizes will be awarded, plus an Honorable Mention. The prizes are as follows: 1st Prize US$750, 2nd Prize US$500, 3rd Prize US$350. The Honorable Mention artwork will not receive a cash award, but will be highlighted publicly when the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize Winners are announced.
• In addition to the exhibition, digital images of the 25 selected works will be displayed on the CARAVAN website along with the artist name, title of work, date, medium, dimensions and artist statement about the work.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please download and read the Guidelines and Submission Form below carefully before completing, signing and submitting it with digital images of your work by the deadline of 16 May 2020 (11:59pm EST in the US) to:
Questions: It is essential that the artwork reflect the theme of the exhibition. If you have questions regarding the theme and its interpretation, or for more information, contact us at: .